So, you want to work with me??Yay!!
We should totally work together!
Do you enjoy reading my posts and infographics or think my images are pretty? Then I can help you and your small business, too. Since switching from science to a full-time digital nomad lifestyle, I have acquired a whole, new set of skills which I would love to use to help your business. I know exactly how hard it is to start out on your own as an entrepreneur and freelancer and think I will be able to get across the right tone and design on your blog. I am also taking on German – English translation work and would love to help you with your social media channels.
Here are some of the services I offer
If you enjoy my blog posts and my style of writing I would love to work with you. Since starting my journey as a digital nomad, I have gained quite a lot of experience writing:
- Blog posts
- Guest posts
- Website copy
- SEO article
- Reports and more
- Since my background is in science, I also have technical writing and editing skills.
I am happy to write about nearly any topic under the sun (although I draw the line at accountancy) and would love to hear from you if you have a need for a freelance writer. My boyfriend Simon is my personal editor, so my work always comes with editing services included. 🙂 Here are some articles I’ve written for other websites and publications:
- 5 Productivity Tips for Studying for Home for Huffington Post
- Why Striving for Happiness is Not Selfish for Huffington Post
- 5 of the Best Jobs for Work and Travel for Hostelworld
- How to Work Your Way Around the World Without the Visa Hassle for Go Abroad
- How to Become a Digital Nomad for Open Colleges
- Why Aspiring Entrepreneurs Should Blog for Open Colleges
- 5 Travel Tips to Help You Improve Your Networking Game for Open Colleges
- 5 Ways to Make Travel Look Good on Your Resume for Open Colleges
- 5 Amazing Organisations Supporting Women and Girls in Tech for HR Zone
- How to Work from a Tiny Home for Businesszone.co.uk
Born and bred in Munich and raised bilingually by my German/British parents, I am very lucky to speak both languages fluently. I have helped friends and clients with translation from German to English on various projects:
- Promotional material
- Full website translations
- Medical translations
- Resumés (CVs) and cover letters
- Apps (iOS & Android)
- Presentations etc.
Please get in touch if you need anything translated from German to English (and depending on the topic I may also be able to offer English to German). No project is too small for me.
Visual Content Creation
One of the jobs that I have been enjoying most over the last six months is design. I especially love playing around with fonts and colours and I would love to create content for your blog, social media channels or website. I create:
- Custom headers and banners for social media
- Blog post headers
- Pretty quotes to share on social media
- Branded marketing materials like flyers, business cards and posters
- Resumés (CVs)
- Custom invoices
- Business cards
- Media packs
Please let me know if you need anything pretty designed (I promise I won’t only use pink!).
Social WordPress Website Design
Since going nomadic, I have taught myself many website design and maintenance skills that I would love to use to help you or your small business. I create simple but pretty websites, from one-page designs, to e-commerce stores and membership sites, using the hugely versatile and popular Divi theme. I offer:
- Hosting setup
- WordPress installation
- (I’m learning) host migrations
- Design of web pages (Home, About, etc)
- Security & performance checks
- Maintenance, Updates & Backups
- Design of custom images
- Writing of web copy if needed
I am just starting out, therefore, I am more than happy to work with you for a very cheap reasonable price in order to build up my portfolio and get some experience. Please get in touch if you are in need of a blog/website/online store for your business or for a friend.
Social Media Management
Social media is one of my passions and Iast year I got to do a social media internship at a family run resort on Koh Phangan, Thailand. Many small business owners really struggle with social media and often don’t know where to start. It can be very overwhelming to stay on top of all the different platforms that seem to pop up every week.
- Choose, create and manage your platforms
- Curate and create interesting, fun, and informational content to share
- Together we will set goals and build a strategy
- Then I will create a posting schedule
- Take care of community management
- Track engagement and conversions
- Run campaigns and ads
I am currently managing 4 platforms for 2 large European architectural companies and gaining a lot of experience.
Anything Else !
If you have any odd jobs to do that involve writing, travel, project management, etc and can be carried out online, please get in touch and I will try my best to help you. If I don’t have the skills, my talented friends and fellow digital nomads might and I can put you in touch with them!
On my journey from scientist to full-time digital nomad I had to learn a lot of new SKILLS and how to use many new TOOLS. Here are some of them:
Social Media Management
- Curating content to share
- Designing branded images
- Managing social media schedule calendars
- Community management
- Tracking of engagement, etc.
- Setup of all accounts
Content comes in all shapes and sizes, and it’s fun to mix it up to keep it fresh. Some of the content I can create for you and the tools I like to use, are:
- Blog posts: writing, editing, formatting & schduling
- Ebook and blog post ghostwriting
- Basic infographics
- Branded web & marketing images
- Inspirational quotes
- Business cards
- Sourcing of stock images
- Canva for Work
I only started using WordPress in July 2015 when I started Square Hippie. Everything you see here is made by me and self-taught.
- Divi by Elegant Themes
- Basic Google Analytics
- Yoast SEO
In order to stay on top of a busy freelancing (and travel!) schedule I’ve learned to love quite a few tools. These are my favourites:
- Google Drive, Docs & Sheets
- Toggl (time tracker)
I’m a sucker for new tools and constantly try out new ones. Hey, there’s a reason it’s called ‘digital’ nomad, right?
So whaddaya say, should we do it??